000057 - iGeneration
While I'd love for this post or this blog for that matter to be sponsored and endorsed by Apple, I'm afraid that is not the case at this point in writing.
I believe we are currently living in the the iGeneration.
For those of whom that for some reason or another doesn't know what I'm referring to, I'm in fact talking about the imminent world domination of Apple's iPod. What is an iPod you might ask? Is it some sort of life saving device? No, although I'm sure a few people out there would disagree as they've already noted mentally that they could not live without their iPod. Is it some sort of sexual accessory?? No, that's not it either. Apple has yet to incorporate a vibration function for their iPod technology, although I'm sure that's probably something they're planning for right about now. An iPod is basically a portable music playing/listening device (that can also be used as a portable memory storage device as well).
Apple has done an exceptional job at promoting their iPod range of products and it continues to grow in its diversity and its user base around the globe. There's iPod mini, iPod photo and the new iPod shuttle. It'll be none too soon when everyone around the world will be carrying some sort of iPod with them. I believe, Apple branding and marketing has successfully reinvented a whole generation who will be more familiar and loyal to their products. What began with their minimalist yet stylish iMac and iBook computers have now become more than just computer technology for the homes. Now you can find programs such as iWork and iLife... iLife eh?
Generation X may have been long gone, what I'm trying to say about the iGeneration is not just some materialistic portal musical product. To me, the iPod represent a generation where the "me" comes first and foremost. We close ourselves off from the real world as much as possible with our earplugs. We do not want to know what we do not want to hear. Technology has given us the ability to communicate with a whole lot more people around the world yet this same technology has secluded us to our offices, our bedrooms, our living rooms and ultimately to ourselves with its ease of accessibility. We no longer need to go to the music store to get the latest favorite single when we can download it to our iPod and hit the shuffle next time we go out for a jog or train ride to work. There's even "Solitaire" on the iPod if I need some occasional entertainment.
Of course, I'm not trying to be all cynical about all this since that would make me sound old and senile. I'm hip and cool just like all you cats out there. I, too, have an iPod mini (a silver one to be exact) and I love it to bits (shuffle baby). It's become one of those necessary items like my mobile phone. I think the iGeneration is My Generation, too. Give me. Give me. Give me!
Heck, I can't wait to say, "Yes, I am happy to see you and that is an iRod in my pants! *wink*"
I believe we are currently living in the the iGeneration.
For those of whom that for some reason or another doesn't know what I'm referring to, I'm in fact talking about the imminent world domination of Apple's iPod. What is an iPod you might ask? Is it some sort of life saving device? No, although I'm sure a few people out there would disagree as they've already noted mentally that they could not live without their iPod. Is it some sort of sexual accessory?? No, that's not it either. Apple has yet to incorporate a vibration function for their iPod technology, although I'm sure that's probably something they're planning for right about now. An iPod is basically a portable music playing/listening device (that can also be used as a portable memory storage device as well).
Apple has done an exceptional job at promoting their iPod range of products and it continues to grow in its diversity and its user base around the globe. There's iPod mini, iPod photo and the new iPod shuttle. It'll be none too soon when everyone around the world will be carrying some sort of iPod with them. I believe, Apple branding and marketing has successfully reinvented a whole generation who will be more familiar and loyal to their products. What began with their minimalist yet stylish iMac and iBook computers have now become more than just computer technology for the homes. Now you can find programs such as iWork and iLife... iLife eh?
Generation X may have been long gone, what I'm trying to say about the iGeneration is not just some materialistic portal musical product. To me, the iPod represent a generation where the "me" comes first and foremost. We close ourselves off from the real world as much as possible with our earplugs. We do not want to know what we do not want to hear. Technology has given us the ability to communicate with a whole lot more people around the world yet this same technology has secluded us to our offices, our bedrooms, our living rooms and ultimately to ourselves with its ease of accessibility. We no longer need to go to the music store to get the latest favorite single when we can download it to our iPod and hit the shuffle next time we go out for a jog or train ride to work. There's even "Solitaire" on the iPod if I need some occasional entertainment.
Of course, I'm not trying to be all cynical about all this since that would make me sound old and senile. I'm hip and cool just like all you cats out there. I, too, have an iPod mini (a silver one to be exact) and I love it to bits (shuffle baby). It's become one of those necessary items like my mobile phone. I think the iGeneration is My Generation, too. Give me. Give me. Give me!
Heck, I can't wait to say, "Yes, I am happy to see you and that is an iRod in my pants! *wink*"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home