nowhere

lost between now here and was there

2005-05-13

000071 - movies meme



because Mark Selan demanded it (well ok, he didn't demand it but it sounds more dramatic if i say it like that, ok?)...

1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video: approx. 70

2. The last film I bought: Leon: The Professional

3. The last film I watched: Incredibles (cinema), Ghost Dog (dvd), Wicker Park (vcd)

4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:

Gattaca - I like this movie a lot because it's about doing something you've always dreamed of even if everyone and everything is against you and expect you to fail from the very start.

Fight Club - I've lost count how many times I've seen this movie. Everything from the opening title sequence to the ikea scene to the twist ('change over') and the ending makes me want to watch it again and again. Every time I watch this movie, it's a whole different experience for me.

Amelie - Saw this beautiful film on my flight from UK back in 2001, after I had just spent about 5 days in Paris. Both the colourful characters and the actual palette of the movie itself was mesmerising. I watched it again when it opened here in selected cinemas when I got back to Oz and have watched it a few more times on dvd.

Ninja Scroll - This has everything I love, ninja, samurai, love, monsters, sword fights, sex, honour, betrayal, cheesy one-liners, and snakes coming out of a woman's you know what! (Well ok, I don't love that last one). And it's all animated!!

Chungking Express - I didn't really like this the first time I saw it. But the second time I watched it when I was a bit older, I really loved the Cop 223 bit (the one who's heart-broken and likes pineapple). It's not one of those movies I love but it's one of those that has stayed with me because it reminds me of my past and Hong Kong.

Honourable mentions: Zoolander, Spirited Away, Voices Of A Distant Star, Matrix, T2, Deuce Bigalow,The Eye, Once A Thief, Il Mare, The Blade, Le Samourai.

Which five people am I passing the baton onto? And why?
the five people i do know have probably done this already! so if you want to do it, well just do it! :)