nowhere

lost between now here and was there

2006-11-13

000106 - 12ONE21.com launched!














It was my birthday last Friday and I decided to finally finish and launch my freelance illustration & design portfolio website, 12ONE21.com, on the day as well!

I've been working on and off this website ever since around April this year. The original concept design I ended up scrapping 2 months later and came up with a totally new design in July. Then I slowly coded and designed sub-pages whenever I found spare time between real work and comic book drawing stuff. This is probably the biggest website I've ever built, over 55 pages and clocking in at around 70 Mb (61 Mb of which are .mov files and other stuff)! I'm still not totally happy with it (like how it looks on the PC or in some other browsers) but I wanted it online and I will probably update and make changes along the way.

Went out to have a dinner and drinks with a few of my friends on Friday night as well. So we ended up going to a South American bar / restaurant called, Gardenias, in Carlton. My friends usually go there for drinks and a bit of a dance since it's the closest thing to an old place we used to have drinks and dance (on the bar) called Kahlo's. Anyway, the food was delicious. First we ordered and shared a tapas platter called Franco's which had Empanadas (baked beef pastry turnovers), Chorizo (pan fried Spanish sausage), Garlic Prawns, Olives, and Tortilla (traditional Spanish potato omelette - which I loved!). For the main, shared a Paella - seafood, chicken and chorizo version! It was quite tasty (probably a tiny bit too salty for my taste though) and a great amount of food. I've only ever had paella once in Paris of all places and it was made way too dry with barely any of the promised seafood ingredients. And yes, I still want to learn how to cook a good paella one day.

P.S. - A small help request, if anyone are or were members of either / both AGDA or Illustrators Australia, please let me know if it's worth joining them. Thanks.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home