nowhere

lost between now here and was there

2006-12-21

000109 - I got a full-time job!



Almost 3 weeks ago, I got offered a full-time position as an Interactive/Digital Designer at an advertising agency here in Melbourne. I started work last week and so far it's been pretty good. Getting back into the 9 to 5 routine wasn't that hard, although when you add the traveling time, it's actually quite tiring at the end of the day. It's been pretty good so far, in fact, the last few days has been very hectic with all the clients wanting things done before the holiday season/break. A bit rusty with my Flash skills and I'm trying to get used to how everything works in terms of procedures and stuff.

Working by yourself in the comforts of your own home as a freelancer has it's advantages and disadvantages. Not knowing where or when the next pay check was coming from was definitely a disadvantage and having no one to socialise or seek approval from can also have its pros and cons. My new working environment is great and the people I work with seem pretty friendly and nice so far. At times, I feel the slightest pinch of stress, trying to both fit in my new work place both socially and technically on a professional level as my peers seem very well versed in all the software we use. I'm certainly seeing the difference between my self-taught skills against people who have been using the same tools everyday for the past couple of years.

I'm really excited about this job because it's got lots of potential and opportunities for both my career and my future. I just hope I don't fuck it up.

=====

I'll have to blog about other stuff like Wii and movies next time.

Oh and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!! ^___^

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home