nowhere

lost between now here and was there

2007-09-20

000121 - Armageddon this weekend!



Haven't posted here in what seems like aeons.

I've been working from 9am to 5:30pm at my day job, come home, have dinner, rest a bit and start working again at from 9pm to about 2am on finishing Knight-Edge #4. I've been consistently doing that for the past 6 weeks almost and I've been quite productive. Averaged about 3 pages of penciling a week, then I'd ink about 5 pages a week after that and I had 22 pages completely drawn. With less than 2 weeks, I gray-toned, letter and imposition it all and now it's all at the printers and hopefully it'll turn out awesome (fingers crossed). Almost seemed impossible to finish at various points but I just pushed ahead.

Armageddon Expo Australia is on this coming weekend (Sat 13th - Sun 14th October) already at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre (Jeff's Shed). I've got a table there in Comics Creators' Alley as Paragon Comics and will be selling Knight-Edge #1 - #4 as well as the remaining copies of Shiranui, and posters.

For preview and more info of Knight-Edge #4, please visit here:
http://www.knight-edge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212

As for the rest of what I've been up to since I last blogged, let me see.

Work has been pretty good so far. Just past my first 3 months and have another 3 months until my full 6 months of probation period. There's not much to really talk about, I'm enjoying it because I get to do both print and web jobs and we get quite a bit of liberty when it comes to the brief and time to implement and learn new methods to get the job done (I'm currently learning Abode Labs Spry & Ajax).

Haven't had much time to read comics or manga lately due to being heads down and thumbs up with finishing issue 4. I think somewhere in my to-be-read pile is the latest issue of Hellboy, Wolfman, The Ride and MPD Psycho vol. 2. I'm very disappointed that I missed out on grabbing a copy of Lucha Libre #1 (Image Comics English edition) when it came out last month.

Movies, haven't seen alot of movies either. Although I haven't posted for so long, I've got a few to list. Here's a quick and dirty recap on the ones I can remember: The Simpsons movie (pretty much a long episode but was quite entertaining and funny), Die Hard 4.0 (some really great action but it's lost that "Die Hard" feel I think), Zodiac (a bit drawn out but a really good murder mystery without too much gloss), Ratatouille (fantastic animation, hilarious and very mouth watering realistic looking food scenes), and 200 Pounds Beauty (Korean romantic comedy melodrama that's borderline between funny and disturbing on vanity and the meaning of being beautiful).

As for video games, there's quite a few games I've brought that I'd love to find the time to play them. I got Phoenix Wright 3: Trial & Tribulations on the DS and have only played through the first case. Got my PS2 chipped finally just so I could play Persona 3 which is really fun but I've only clocked in about 4 hours on that. Also gave in and got a PSP Slim/Lite! That screen is truly amazing, Tekken Dark Resurrection (amazing graphics, sound and playability, some characters like the new Lili are a bit uneven in terms of strength though), DJ Max Portable 2 (love the music and MVs even though they are so simple in terms of animation) and LocoRoco (so sweet & cute it makes your teeth rot) are the only games I've got so far. Looking forward to getting and playing Phantom Hourglass on the DS and Castlevania X on the PSP soon.

Wow, that was a long post. I guess that makes up for not posting all this time. You may now go and pee.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home