nowhere

lost between now here and was there

2007-11-16

000124 - House gets!

On my birthday last Saturday, I made an impulse purchase and this is what it looks like on the outside:



Yes, I actually bought a house believe it or not! It all pretty much happened in one day, from the inspection at 10:15am, to making an offer to the estate agent just after lunch and then getting the vendor to agree on the final price and me signing the papers just after dinner at around 7:30pm in front of a local cafe! It felt kinda weird and crazy.

The place itself is a really nice little 2 bedroom unit, we like the location as it's walking distance to shops and amenities. Settlement isn't until early next year but I am looking forward to moving into a new home.

All other things seem pretty small news in comparison. At work last week during one of our major vendor/client's promotional days, we all got to have fairy floss (cotton candy), popcorn and hot dogs! To top off the most awesome day at work, I also won a bluetooth wireless keyboard (really thin) and mouse!! Perfect timing, too, since my PC mouse was starting to really act up recently.

Also at work I got to sit in on an interview and I was on the other side of the table as an interviewer for the very first time this Monday. Strange feeling but I like being the interviewer rather than the interviewee!

Spent most of this week organising a home loan, finding a solicitor and just making the house purchase all possible in between work. There are so many fees and costs that I hadn't realised, guess I should have done more research. And I think I signed the biggest cheque in my life when I paid the deposit!

Whatever time I had left, I spent organising artworks for the upcoming comic-themed group exhibition, Just Looking. I really tried to draw something new and exclusive for this exhibition but unfortunately I just couldn't get it out of my and have only done 2 pencils sketches. I guess I've just been too excited about the house!

Finally saw Pan's Labyrinth on DVD recently and thought that was a pretty good movie. I don't know if it lives up to the hype that everyone keeps raving on about it. The guy at Borders said it was his favourite movie from last year! Sheesh.

Oh I finished watching the anime series, Bokurano. Sad ending but I really liked the series even thought it diverted quite a bit from the original manga. Will be interesting now to read how the manga turns out. Currently trying to get into Karas (wow, awesome animation), Gundam 00 (feels a bit like Gigantic Formula to me for some reason) and maybe Dragonaut (don't know if I like it enough to keep watching yet).

Pickup a few comics, too, including a manhwa called Chunchu (fantastic artwork and the fantasy story is quite cool), Snow, the latest issues of Savage Dragon and Powers. I'm really looking forward to Joe Mad's Ultimate vol. 3 in a month or so as well. Venom Hulk? Yes, please.

In terms of video games, I'm still waiting for my copy of Castlevania X to arrive in the mail and haven't had much time to play much otherwise.

Anyway, joining the mortgage club kinda scares me but owning an actual property where I can call my own home is exciting as well.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home